Search our jobs below for a new exciting career opportunity with SupplyPoint!
You will be responsible for
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the purchasing and sourcing of raw materials, components and finished goods required to support and meet customer order requirements. This includes Purchasing, Supplier management and Development, and Logistics.
Purchase & Sourcing:
• Manage all activities that relate to or effect the indirect and direct supply base within the business.
• Follow policies and procedures established when dealing with suppliers.
• Ensure that third party operations in the supply chain do not impact the facility’s performance negatively.
• Balance all aspects of the supply chain such as price, delivery, quality, lead time, inventory, customer satisfaction and the overall supplier relationship.
• Challenges cost and delivery to improve business metrics in line with top line objectives and scorecard metrics.
• “Hands on” management of the regional logistics function for shipments within the SupplyPoint supply chain, with heavy emphasis on cost control, service and tracking visibility.
• Ensure that appropriate rates of duty are applied on all imported/exported products by region.
• Ensure that all region’s imports and exports comply with local customs rules and regulations and resolve any customs issues with local agencies.
• Perform various logistical analysis rate/contract negotiations, and approval of international carrier invoices.
Supplier Development & Supplier Quality Assurance
• Manage the activity of supplier development within Europe.
• Resolve Supply Chain issues to identify root cause of supplier problems and drive corrective actions (quality, delivery and cost).
• Ensure the accuracy of vendor & Item master in SYSPRO.
• Monitor and maintain accurate standard product costing for assigned materials and components.
You will need
• You will have at least 5 years’ experience in operations purchasing and logistics experience,
• ACIPS certification or part qualified preferred
• MRP/ERP experience
• Associate degree preferred
• Excellent communications skills
Closing date 31st July 2020